Cognitive Hypnotherapy was developed by Trevor Silvester, the founder of the Quest Institute. It is a modern, scientific model based on traditional techniques and more recent innovations in Evolutionary and Positive Psychology, Cognitive theory and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). As a fully trained Cognitive Hypnotherapist, I have a full complement of techniques to help you, whether it’s unlocking bad habits or guiding you to success.
Did you know? The British Medical Association has accepted hypnosis as a form of medical treatment since 1955.
How Can Hypnotherapy Help You?
- Achieve lasting confidence, self-esteem and self-worth.
- Develop positive emotions and let go of negatives such as anxiety, fear, stress and anger.
- Reduce Stress. Learn how to manage your stress levels better.
- Improve your Sleep with my relaxation techniques to remove stress and enhance your quality of sleep.
- Overcome addictive habits, such as smoking and alcohol dependency.
- Stop smoking. Successfully change your habits and behaviours.
- Gain control of eating habits and weight management.
- Gain Confidence using highly effective techniques. You’ll access your inner strengths more easily and more often to feel confident.
- Hypertension – I use proven hypnosis and cognitive techniques to help people reduce or even eliminate high blood pressure.
- Improve Relationships by using techniques that release areas of tension and help you focus on what’s important.
- Anxiety and negative emotions – remove the hidden triggers from your past, allowing you to manage your emotional responses.
- Overcome fears and phobias: allow yourself to “re-learn” your behaviours and responses.
You may have read about celebrities like Matt Damon and Lily Allen successfully using hypnotherapy but remain curious and perhaps uncertain whether you should try it?
The first impression many people have of hypnosis is in the movies which is, for the most part, make-believe. Don’t worry, hypnosis is entirely natural. Think about your daily routine. Maybe you have to travel to work or school each day. Have you ever found that you’ve arrived before you expected? That you were lost in your thoughts? That state of mind is similar to hypnosis. You’re in control all the time, you’re awake, and it’s entirely natural.
Does this sound familiar?
- I don’t have enough time / money.
- I can’t help it – it runs in the family.
- I’m not clever enough / brave enough / talented enough…
- I can’t be happy because..
- I’ve already made my choices. My hands are tied now.
- I’m too messed up; I’ve been through so much!
- I don’t deserve success or happiness because…
- I’m not good enough. Even if I try, I’ll probably fail.
- My parents really messed me up by…
- I can’t change because I somehow find a way to mess things up.
- I always make the “wrong” decisions in life.
- Things never work out for me, no matter what I do.
- Or even… ” I’m rubbish at maths!”
Have you ever had a friend or family member say something like this? We know that with encouragement and the right guidance they can succeed, and maybe even change their mind. You see, the negative comments we make about ourselves are limiting beliefs and we all have them. Do you know anyone who is scared of flying, or spiders, or crowds or even buttons? It may sound silly if it’s someone else, but you may have your own personal habits and they all have their own causes.. In fact, we’ve all seen the movie where the hero overcomes the incredible challenge. We all face challenges every day, and that’s where hypnosis may help. Sometimes we need help to truly rethink some of our old bad habits, to help us learn new ones.
‘It helped me get into the zone‘ – Tiger Woods referring to some of the visualisation techniques employed to help concentration and goal setting.
What are the Benefits of Hypnotherapy?
- You may feel better about yourself and the issues we’ve worked on.
- It treats the emotional root cause, not just the symptom.
- You may feel happier and more confident.
- It works quickly, and effectively.
- You will gain a better understanding of yourself as you re-evaluate your own thinking and habits.
- It helps you to relax, to sleep better, to enjoy time with those you care about.
- You will feel far stronger and much more stable.
‘Research shows that there is more scientific evidence for Hypnotherapy than any other Complementary Therapy… by using hypnosis, people can perform prodigious feats of willpower and self-healing. – The Health Education Authority
When can I see you?
8am to 7pm Monday to Friday
10am to 2pm Saturday
How to Contact Melanie Phillips, Cognitive Hypnotherapist
Mobile: 07956 369461